1 What information is collected by us and how do we use it?
1.1 What information is collected by us?
In order to provide you with our products and services, we will ask for necessary personal information. We will only collect information that is necessary for clearly lawful purposes, and ensure that such information is not further processed in a manner incompatible with these purposes. You have the right to decide whether or not to provide us with the information we request, but in most cases, if you do not provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with products or services or reply to your inquiries.
When you create an ID, purchase and/or activate a product or device, download a software update, connect to our services, contact us (including by social media), participate in an online survey, or otherwise interact with Goldshell, we may collect a variety of information, including:
- Information you provide to us
- Goldshell ID data, such as your Goldshell ID and related account details, including email address, devices registered, account status, and usedtime
- Identity data, such as your name, gender, and date of birth;
- Contact data, such as billing address, delivery address, postcode, email address and phone numbers;
- Account data, such as bank account details, bank statements, credit card details, cryptocurrency wallet account and payment details (such account data may also be collected directly by our affiliates and/or third party payment service providers);
- Transaction data, such as details about orders and payments, and other details in relation to the products and services you purchased;
- Profile data, such as your username and password, orders you have made, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- Fraud Prevention Information, such as data used to help identify and prevent fraud, including a device trust score.
- Government issued identification (e.g. passport, ID cards) or other information or documents (such as validity period of passport/ID cards and other necessary and relevant information) required for us to conduct customer due diligence, know your customer checks, identity verification, or for fraud prevention purposes; and
1.1.2 Information that we collect in your use of services
- Device or related information. For example, IMEI number/OAID number, GAID number, MAC address, serial number, ROM version, operating system and platform, Android/IOS ID, browser type and version, screen display information, device keypad information, device manufacturer details and model name, device activation time, network operator, connection type, basic hardware information, sales channel and usage information (such as CPU, storage, battery usage, screen resolution and device temperature, camera lens model, times of screen brightened and times of screen unlocked).
- Information specific to you that may be assigned by third party service providers and business partners: We may collect and use the information such as your advertising ID assigned by third party service providers and business partners.
- Information related to your application usage, including unique identifiers for application (e.g. VAID number, OAID number, AAID number, Instance ID), application basic information, such as application list, application ID information, SDK version, system update settings, application settings (region, language, time zone, font), the time the application enters/exits the foreground and application status record (e.g. downloading, installing, updating, deleting).
- Location information: various types of information on your accurate or approximate location if you use location-related services. For example, region, country code, city code, mobile network code, mobile country code, cell identity, longitude and latitude information, time zone settings, language settings. You are able to withdraw your permission for us to acquire this information on your location through your device settings on most mobile devices. If you have questions about how to disable your mobile device’s location services, please contact your mobile device service provider or the device manufacturer..
- Log information: information related to your use of certain features, apps, and websites. For example, cookies and other identifier technologies, IP addresses, network request information, temporary message history, standard system logs, crash information, log information generated by using the services (such as registration time, access time, activity time, etc.).
- Usage information: information on how you use our website, application, products and services or view any content on our website and application, including the time spent, items and data searched for on the website and application, access times and dates, as well as websites you were visiting before you accessed our website and other similar statistics;
- Marketing and communications data, such as your preferences in receiving marketing materials from us and our third parties, your communication preferences and your chat, email or call history on our website or with third party customer service providers;
- Other information: Environmental characteristics value (ECV) (i.e. value generated from Goldshell ID, device ID, connected Wi-Fi ID, and location information).
1.1.3 Information from third-party sources
When permitted by law, we will collect information about you from third-party sources. For example:
- for certain services that might include account and financial transactions, with your authorization, we may validate the information provided by you (such as phone number) through legitimate third-party sources for security and fraud prevention purposes;
- we may receive designated identifier symbols (such as IMEI/OAID/GAID from an advertiser) to provide advertising services to you;
- we may also obtain certain information such as account IDs, nicknames, avatar, and email address from third-party social network services (e.g. when you use a social network account to sign in to a Goldshell service);
- information about you that others provided to us (e.g. your delivery address that other users may provide to us when they buy products for you via https://www.goldshell.com/ ).
1.1.4 Non-personally identifiable information
We may also collect information that is not directly or indirectly linked to an individual and may not be classified as personal information under applicable local laws. This type of information is referred to as non-personally identifiable information, and we may collect, use, transfer, and disclose it. Here are some examples of the non-personally identifiable information we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect statistical data generated when you use a specific service, such as non-identifiable device-related information, daily usage events, page access events, page access time events, and session events;
- We may collect network monitoring data, such as request times, number of requests, or error requests;
- We may collect application crash events, such as automatically-generated logs after an application crashes.
The purpose of collecting this information is to improve the services we provide to you. The type and amount of information collected depend on how you use our products and/or services.
We aggregate this information to provide you with more useful information and to understand which parts of our websites, applications, products, and services you are most interested in. For example, we may only need to know the number of active users in a day, and we do not need to know who those active users are, so aggregate data is sufficient for statistical analysis. We will make every effort to ensure that your personal data is separated from non-personally identifiable information and that the two types of data are used separately. However, if we combine non-personally identifiable information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
PLEASE NOTE, YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE HAVE REQUESTED. HOWEVER, IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO DO SO, IN MANY CASES WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH OUR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR RESPOND TO REQUESTS YOU MAY HAVE.
1.2 How will this personal information be utilized?
Goldshell uses personal information to to process your transactions, power our services, to communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with law. We may also use personal information for other purposes with your consent.
Golshell uses your personal information only when we have a valid legal basis to do so. Depending on the circumstance, Goldshell may rely on your consent or the fact that the processing is necessary to fulfill a contract with you, protect your vital interests or those of other persons, or to comply with law. We may also process your personal information where we believe it is in our or others’ legitimate interests, taking into consideration your interests, rights, and expectations. The personal data we collect from you or via third parties may be used for certain purposes, such as:
- Register your Goldshell ID/Account.
- Process Your Transactions. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, process payments, and communicate with you about orders and services, and promotional offers. For example, to deliver goods and provide after-sales service, you need to fill in the consignee’s address, name, and mobile phone number, and we may share it with third-party warehousing, logistics and service providers. When you pay, we need to collect your order number, payment serial number, order amount, and payment method, and such information may need to be shared with the To provide after-sales service, we need to record the information of the equipment you purchased.
- Communicate with You. To respond to communications, reach out to you about your transactions or account, market our products and services, provide other relevant information, or request information or feedback. From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Power Our Services. For example, Goldshell collects personal information necessary to power our services, which may include personal information collected to improve our offerings, for internal purposes such as auditing or data analysis, or for troubleshooting. Sometimes we collect user feedback. The feedback you choose to provide is important to help Goldshell improve its services. To process your feedback, we may use the personal information you provide to contact you and keep records. In addition, we troubleshoot when you send us error reports.
- Provide personalized user experience and content, including ads. To protect your privacy, we do use a unique identifier rather than your name, email, or other information by which you can be directly identified, to provide you with personalized products, services and activities, including advertising.
- Security and Fraud Prevention. To protect individuals, employees, and Goldshell and for loss prevention and to prevent fraud, including to protect individuals, employees, and Goldshell for the benefit of all our users, and prescreening or scanning uploaded content for potentially illegal content, including child sexual exploitation material.
- Comply with Law. For example, to satisfy tax or reporting obligations, or to comply with a lawful governmental request.In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws and regulations. For instance, we collect bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
- Providing push service. Goldshell Account ID , GAID, FCM token, Android/IOS ID will also be used to provide the Goldshell push service and notification service to evaluate advertising performance and send notifications about software updates or new product announcements, including information about sales and promotions. To provide the above service for you, application relevant information (app version ID, app package name), and device relevant information (model, brand) will also be collected. We may use your personal information for the purpose of sending you push messages (whether by messaging within our services, by email or by other means) that offer or advertise our products and services and/or the products and services of selected third parties. This is only done with your consent, where required under applicable laws. You may opt-out from receiving marketing information from us and third parties at any time by changing your preferences in the settings of your devices, or managing your preferences through the third-party app/website.
- Sending notices. From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as notices about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Since such information is critical to your interaction with Goldshell, it is not recommended that you refuse to receive such information.
- Other purposes with your consent.
2 Cookies and other technologies
Recognizing you when you sign-in.
- Displaying features and services which might be of interest to you, including ads on our services.
- Preventing fraudulent activity and improving security.
- Keeping track of your preferences such as currency and language.
Cookies allow you to take advantage of some of Goldshell’s essential features. If you block or otherwise reject operational cookies through your browser settings, some features and services may not work.
In addition to cookies, Goldshell and some third parties may also use web beacons and pixel tags on websites, other local storage technologies (such as local shared objects and HTML5 local storage) and Do Not Track function. These technologies will be used for various purposes, including analysing service usage (together with cookies) and providing more satisfactory content and advertisements to you, record some information about your activities and preferences and etc.
3. How do we share, transfer, and publicly disclose your personal information?
- Your information may be shared within Goldshell’s affiliates, but only for explicit, and legitimate purposes, and the sharing is limited only to information required by services.
- Service Providers. Goldshell may engage third parties to act as our service providers and perform certain tasks on our behalf, including supplier, third parties provide infrastructure technical services, logistics and distribution services, payment services, data processing services, etc. Our purpose of sharing this information is to realize the functions of products and services. For example, we must share your order information with logistics service providers to arrange delivery. In addition, we may also hire a third party to process or store data related to your use of our services and delivery of products, including personal information.
- Business Partners. Goldshell may sometimes cooperate with third parties to provide services or other products.
- Goldshell may share your personal information with others in accordance with your instructions or with your consent.
- We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you where there is a lawful basis for doing so, if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or to protect our operations or users, or in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale.
In addition, we may share your personal information with:
- Our accountants, auditors, lawyers, or similar advisors when we request their professional advice.
- Investors and other relevant third parties if actual or potential sales or other corporate transactions related to entities within the Goldshell Group.
Except in the following circumstances, Goldshell will not transfer your information to any subject:
- Where we have obtained your explicit consent.
- If Goldshell is involved in the mergers, acquisitions, or sales of all or part of its assets which may affect your personal information, we will notify you of any changes in ownership or use rights regarding your personal information through prominent notices by email and/or on our website or other appropriate means, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
3.3 Public Disclosure
Goldshell may publicly disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- When we need to disclose the winners of promotions, contests or sweepstakes, we will only disclose limited information.
- When we have obtained your explicit consent, or you have disclosed information through our services such as on social media pages or public forums.
- Public disclosure based on law or reasonable grounds: including laws and regulations, legal procedures, litigation or government regulatory requirements.
4. How we store and protect your personal information?
4.1 Goldshell’s security measures
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. To prevent unauthorized access, disclosure or other similar risks, we have implemented all legally required physical, electronic and managerial measures and processes to safeguard the information we collect from your mobile devices and the Goldshell website and application. We will ensure that your personal information is protected in accordance with applicable laws.
While we use encryption to protect personal information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. We implement trusted protection mechanisms to protect data and data storage servers from attacks. All of your personal information is stored on secure servers and protected in controlled facilities.We have dedicated access control measures for data storage, and we regularly review information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to prevent any unauthorized access and use.
We hold security and privacy protection training courses and tests to enhance employees’ awareness of the importance of protecting personal information.
We handle personal data breaches in accordance with applicable data protection regulations and notify relevant regulatory authorities and data subjects of data breach incidents in a timely manner, if necessary.
4.2 What can you do?
We value your trust in providing us your personal information, thus we strive to use standard commercial means of protecting it. However, please note that no security measure is perfect and no product, service, website, data transfer, computing system, or network connection is absolute secure. For you, the most important thing is to prevent unauthorized access to your personal account password. You can set a unique password for Goldshell to prevent password leaks from other websites, without disclosing your login password or account information to anyone unless they are authorized by you. Whenever possible, please do not disclose the verification code you received to anyone (including those who claim to be Goldshell customer service). Whenever you log in to the Goldshell website and application as a Goldshell account user, especially on someone else’s computer or public internet terminal, you should always log out of the session after it ends.
Goldshell is not responsible for any security breaches caused by third-party access to your personal information due to your failure to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information. Despite the above provisions, if there is any unauthorized use of your account by other Internet users or any other security vulnerabilities, you should immediately notify us. Your assistance will help us protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
4.4 Retention Policy
Depending on your jurisdiction, there may be exceptions for personal information that we process for public interest, scientific, historical research, or statistical purposes. Based on applicable law or your request, Goldshell may continue to retain such information beyond its standard retention period if necessary and permitted, even if further data processing is unrelated to the initial collection purpose.
5 Your rights
5.1 Your Rights to Your Personal Information
Under applicable laws and regulations in your country or region, you have the right to request access, correction, or deletion of any personal information we hold about you (hereinafter referred to as the request). These rights will be subject to specific exclusions and exceptions under applicable legal provisions.
You may also access and update the details relating to the personal information through https://www.goldshell.com/my-account/ or by logging into your account on your device. For additional information, you can contact us via https://goldshellhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
Once we obtain sufficient information to confirm that we can process your request, we will respond to your request within the time frame provided by applicable data protection laws. In detail:
- Based on the requirements of applicable laws, a copy of your personal data collected and processed by us will be provided to you upon your request free of charge. For any extra requests for relevant information, we may charge a reasonable fee based on actual administrative costs according to and if permitted by the applicable laws.
- If any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, you are entitled to have your personal information corrected or completed based on the purpose of use.
- Based on the requirements of applicable laws, you have the right to request the deletion or removal of your personal information where there is no compelling reason for us to keep using it. We shall consider the grounds regarding your erasure request and take reasonable steps, including technical measures. Please note that we may not be able to immediately remove the information from the backup system due to applicable law and/or technological limitations. If this is the case, we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until the backup can be deleted or be made anonymous.
- You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (including where profiling is used), and under certain circumstances where the legal basis for processing (including profiling) is our legitimate interests.
We have the right to refuse to process requests or only comply in part with requests where an exemption applies or we are otherwise entitled to do so under applicable laws, such as if the request is manifestly unfounded or manifestly excessive or it would require the disclosure of information about third parties. In some circumstances, we may charge a fee, where permitted under applicable laws. If we believe that certain aspects of a request to delete the information may result in our inability to legally use the information for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or reasons permitted by applicable law, it may also be rejected.
5.2 Withdrawal of Consent
You may withdraw your previously granted consent for specific purposes, including the collection, use, and/or disclosure of your personal information that we possess or control. Depending on the specific services you are using, you can contact us at https://goldshellhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new to withdraw your consent. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receiving it, and no longer collect, use, and/or disclose your personal information based on your request.
Depending on the scope of your withdrawal of consent, you may not be able to continue receiving the full benefit of Goldshell’s products and services. However, your decision to withdraw your consent or authorization will not affect the validity of the personal information processing activities we have carried out up until the point of withdrawal.
5.3 Cancellation of Services or Accounts
If you wish to cancel a specific product or service, you can contact us via https://goldshellhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
If you wish to cancel your Goldshell account, please be cautious as this action will render you unable to use Goldshell products and services. In certain specific cases, cancellation may be blocked or delayed. For example, if you have a processing order in Goldshell website and your payment has not been completed, we may not be able to immediately support your request.
6. Protection of minors’ information
Goldshell does not allow any children to use Goldshell or buy Goldshell’s products. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children. Should a parent or guardian have reasons to believe that a child has provided Goldshell with personal information without their prior consent, please contact us to ensure that the personal information is removed and the child unsubscribes from any of the applicable Goldshell’s products or services.
7. Transfer of Personal information Between Countries
In particular, if Goldshell transfers your data generated in the EU to our affiliates or third-party service providers outside the EU, we will adopt EU-based standard agreement terms or the security protection mechanisms in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
8. Third-Party Websites and Services
10. Applicable Law
11. Contact Us